Can't uninstall Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

PTNLemay

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011
I ran into some kind of malware in the form of an extension that I was unable to remove. I decided to uninstall firefox and reinstall it, but something froze up about 1/4 of the way through. I had to force it closed and reboot my computer. Now I'm unable to restart the uninstallation, but :C/Program Files/Mozilla Firefox is still full of files. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Should I manually delete the Mozilla folder in C? Or should I ignore it and just reinstall it from scratch. Which is less likely to make the problem worse? I think I should delete everything because there was probably some malware in there, but I don't want to delete something important.

PTNLemay

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2011

I ran a quick MSE scan and it found nothing, I then downloaded and ran MalwareBytes and ran it in a quick scan, it did find an infected file which I removed.

I'm now running a full MSE scan, and it will take a few more hours to finish. I just want to know what I should do with Firefox in the meantime. I have the bookmarks saved, so that's good, I just want to know the most efficient way to wipe it clean from my computer so I can reinstall it somehow. Is it safe to delete the folder in C?

Status
Not open for further replies.