Cant use built-in microphone when i plug in headphone.

jeffjason

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018
This is the problem. I tried to enable the built-in one but windows shows only one microphone to choose. My pc is lenovo z-5070 btw.

Solution
How many ports it has for the device shouldn't matter. Unless the dual port (input/output) isn't functioning as it should. Which happens. Cheaper version will give issues. It should show both the headphones and the mic (even though they are in one device) in the "Sounds" however, since it doesn't, either the port is the issue or the quality of the headset is. Either way, there is no way to make it show correctly (as two components) then if not listed at all no matter what is checked.

You could possibly try using a 3.5mm to USB adapter and see if that will allow it to show both, but if not, then there would be no way around it with that headset.
While the headphones are plugged in, you should go to "Control Panel" and then "Sound". Click on the "Recording" tab and check for the mic there. If nothing shows, then right click on the empty area of that screen and make sure to check both the "Show Disabled" and "Show Disconnected" options. Then you would right click on the built in one listed and choose to set it as default. If it is actually listed there (the headset mic) then right click on it and disable it.

jeffjason

Prominent
Feb 2, 2018

Yes i know but i can only see 1 microphone when headphone is plugged.I cant disable the headphone one.My pc also has 1 jack btw.

How many ports it has for the device shouldn't matter. Unless the dual port (input/output) isn't functioning as it should. Which happens. Cheaper version will give issues. It should show both the headphones and the mic (even though they are in one device) in the "Sounds" however, since it doesn't, either the port is the issue or the quality of the headset is. Either way, there is no way to make it show correctly (as two components) then if not listed at all no matter what is checked.

You could possibly try using a 3.5mm to USB adapter and see if that will allow it to show both, but if not, then there would be no way around it with that headset.

Solution