Can't view images on my camera from my memory or take pictures.

sasaleh

Honorable
Aug 6, 2013
I have Sony cybershot DSC-W730 and I have problem with the memory stick. Everytime I insert the memory stick it says file error C:13:01 then it says reinsert the memory card. I tried to format the memory but it didn't work, however when I tried it in the computer I was able to view all my pictures. I also tried different memories, and they say the same thing. Please help

Sounds like an issue with the camera if it does not read any cards. You can try to use some compressed air to clean out the card slot, can also try to remove the battery for a bit and turn on the camera again to see if it will read the card. If not, need to get a replacement camera.

Link to Sony site with information on the error message (C:13:XX) you are receiving:
https://us.en.kb.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/40828/c/65,66/p/40096,40097,40353,69919/
Was the memory stick originally formatted with the camera or the computer?

tped60

Honorable
Aug 20, 2013
I have a similar error code C:13:01 but my problem is with the memory stick itself. Camera is a DSC-T30 and works fine with other memory sticks. I just can't read this particular memory stick not even in the computer. And it sucks because I have important photos there.

Any sugestions on how to recover this memory stick?

Thanks