cant view pictures on my camera but can put sd card in computer and view. What do i do

Solution
What this means is that the camera is working for taking pictures, and the camera display circuitry is defective. This may be correctable by upgrading the firmware (free upgrade).

Just like PC updates, cameras too have updates occasionally. And just like PCs some updates are relevant and some are not.

Go to your camera manufacturer's website and enter your camera model number and serial number (if applicable). Then look for the current (latest) version of the firmware. Check this with the firmware version that you have on your camera.

Follow the instructions regarding upgrading the firmware (if necessary).

After doing this you have the latest firmware available for your camera.

If the pictures still do not show up on the camera...
What this means is that the camera is working for taking pictures, and the camera display circuitry is defective. This may be correctable by upgrading the firmware (free upgrade).

Just like PC updates, cameras too have updates occasionally. And just like PCs some updates are relevant and some are not.

Go to your camera manufacturer's website and enter your camera model number and serial number (if applicable). Then look for the current (latest) version of the firmware. Check this with the firmware version that you have on your camera.

Follow the instructions regarding upgrading the firmware (if necessary).

After doing this you have the latest firmware available for your camera.

If the pictures still do not show up on the camera display and they show up on the PC, then it means that the display function on the camera has failed. You can still continue to use the camera as-is.

Solution

Elias_684

Commendable
Feb 28, 2016

i had the same problem with my Nikon. My solution was to simply buy (my school's creative photography teacher lend me his) a card reader, plus the SD into it (since the problem is accessing the SD from the camera, take out the middle man and add a new one, the card reader), and voila. You will see that this will work (hopefully) because it is the ONLY thing that worked for me. Let me know if this helps