Car will not play/find all of my MP3 Folders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roufus

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
I have a 64GB FAT32 formatted flash drive I use for music in my car.

I have quite a bit of music on there, and most work fine.

My problem is there are a few folders that it simply refuses to read. I've compared the folders and file settings to ones that do work, and I see no difference whatsoever. It's like it's decided it doesn't like those albums. There are two main bands/folders it's doing this to, and it reads a select few of the folders/albums within them in their entirety, but the vast majority of them it simply dismisses as if they do not exist.

The files within are indeed MP3, and have the exact settings of the ones it does choose to read. I'm completely stumped.

Any ideas?

Solution
I had that problem with my fiat , turned out after looking at the car user manual, the only MP3 it can read was up to 192Bps or 128bps
maybe you need to read the manual to find out if this your case (if you know your MP3 are 320bps you may be in that same situation as I was)
I used a freemake audio converted, and handle it that way.

Roufus

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
I can't seem to log back on to reply properly, so here I am.

I've tried putting the same folders into a smaller freshly fomatted card, but those exact same folders/files do not work.

I've opened the properties on working files and non-working files and I can't for the life of me find any reason why the car will routinely not notice these specific culprits. It is consistently them as well; I've tried getting it to re-read the drive to see if it changes but it doesn't. The same ones are not readable.

I had that problem with my fiat , turned out after looking at the car user manual, the only MP3 it can read was up to 192Bps or 128bps
maybe you need to read the manual to find out if this your case (if you know your MP3 are 320bps you may be in that same situation as I was)
I used a freemake audio converted, and handle it that way.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.