Casio's Super-tough G-Shock Smartphone Looks Indestructible

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

techcurious

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]only 3? im still on my samsung gravity going on my 4th year, i pee;d on it in the first...[/citation]
wait.. What?? Why would you pee on your phone? Whats wrong with you??
Did your phone suffer from a jellyfish stink? You do know it's a myth that pee helps with that.. right?

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Nice, I bet that isn't gorilla glass, which shatters when a feather hits it[/citation]

I was thinking the same thing. I had a supposedly rugged Pentax WSG-1 (camera). It had rubber and other crap on it too which was supposed to make it shock proof. Of course the LCD did not use Gorilla glass and shattered within a week. So much for that supposedly shock proof piece of crap. If this phone does not use G-glass then it will do the same thing. Some rubber on the edges won't save it.

__-_-_-__

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
I surf with a waterproof enclosure but I'm always afraid that something get's broken. I also have waterproof hearphones that connect to the enclosure. this couldn't be used with this phone unfortunately. But I could use bluetooth ones instead.
I'm interested. Hope it has good specs otherwise it doesn't matter how rugged it is.

G

we have been testing this in the US Marines Infantry for about 2 weeks now. So far we are are very impress.

seezur

Distinguished
May 20, 2004
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Holy that looks...tough. But being touch screen I'm sure the weakest chain in the link is still the screen.[/citation]

I had the same thought. I wonder if they have protected the screen somehow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS