CES 2010: LG Unveils 100mbit Mobile Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukcal

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
That is quite something. By the time this becomes mainstream I imagine phones will have larger resolutions to better utilise the faster speed, because it would certainly be of very little benefit to normal mobile web browsing and transferring video at a resolution of 320 x 240, for example.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
By the time this becomes mainstream Ukcal, so many people will be lumping onto the network with their smartphones tablets and netbooks, I wouldn't be at all surprised if its speed was dragged back down to what we have today anyway.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
Thet's pretty cool.
When will Canada get it? 5 years right? =D

Screw mobile... I want to move to Japan for their $60/month gigabit down and gigabit up fiber optic...

liemfukliang

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2008
Wait, If Canada 5 years, then when will Indonesia get it? 15 years? Event if Indonesia get it now, with the dumb GM (General Manager), it set the fair usage to 500 MB, and the speed to 6 KB/s. So what is the point of this 100 MB/s?

ac21365

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2009
[citation][nom]Dandalf[/nom]By the time this becomes mainstream Ukcal, so many people will be lumping onto the network with their smartphones tablets and netbooks, I wouldn't be at all surprised if its speed was dragged back down to what we have today anyway.[/citation]

That pretty much covers it. Telco's are going the way of full-out ISP's, but even our land-based carriers can barely dish out 30+mbit speeds over DOCSIS3 (by no fault of the standard itself).

Max theoretical bandwidth is one thing... Greedy Cell Carriers... A whole different ball game.

Status
Not open for further replies.