Changed the input to Component but still not working

Oct 19, 2018
I have a Hitachi VCR that I have connected to a Vizio TV thru Component cables. I put a VHS tape into the Hitachi, powered it up and the small screen on the player says it is playing.
I have changed the input on the TV to "Component" but it returns a message of No Signal.

I have a second Vizio TV that I have connected to a RCA VHS player in a similar fashion. The same thing occurs when I use the Comcast remote to change the input to Component.

I haven't used either in some time now but they both worked previously. Highly unlikely that both units failed since then. I pulled out the tapes because grandson will be visiting tomorrow.

Is there some other setting besides changing the Input that I have forgotten?

VCRs don't have component video outputs (3 RCA for video + 2 RCA for audio) so I assume you mean composite video (1 RCA for video + 2 RCA for audio).
If the TVs have shared component - composite video input then you have to set the input to composite in the TV menu and connect the yellow video RCA to the correct RCA of the three component video jack. Check the TV manual for which one that is.
Also as jsmithpa says most cable remotes will only turn the TV on and adjust the volume. They don't usually change inputs. I'm not aware of any cable boxes with inputs for other video sources.

Oct 19, 2018

Sorry for the lengthy delay but I have had other issues. Time to get back to this so our grandchildren can enjoy our library of Disney VHS tapes. The old RCA DVD/VCR combo is now connected to the Vizio TV using the composite cables and a coax cable since the back of the RCA unit says the only DVD/VCR output is thru the coax. The label above the component output states it is for DVD only. I use the Comcast Remote Control to switch the input source to "AV". I can now play a DVD using the RCA unit with no problem. However when I play a VHS tape I am only getting the picture, no sound. Any ideas?