Cheap but effective camera (bridge) for 1080p recording

GoldenGamerUK

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013
I need a bridge camera for doing photography/recording, reason why is because I want to get Into recording and editing, and I have the opportunity of skate parks for doing so, thanks everyone, I have a budget of £100-£150. I will be getting a go pro in the future.

GoldenGamerUK

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

i would rather get it brand new as i can get a warranty on the camera, plus there are some deals on the cameras that you can find!

New is always better; for reasons you mentioned. My thoughts were that you are looking at very low end (if any) in new at that price level.

GoldenGamerUK

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

yeah, i just have had real bad past experiences with ebay and free-ad sites in the past, so i would prefer to keep to retailers

Onus

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2006
Other than obvious examples, I am not knowledgeable enough about digital cameras to know what you necessarily consider "low end." For something like recording lessons or tutorials, what would you say is the minimum you'd consider reasonable to use?
OP is this what you'll be doing with the camera? Will you be taking closeups as well? How important is color fidelity?

GoldenGamerUK

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

true, its just the person i am, i prefer first hand to second hand

USAFRet

Illustrious
"Bridge cameras" (new) start at above your £150 price point. I have one which was $330 when it was new a couple years ago, a very typical price for what is known as a bridge.

Some of the better point and shoots will fall into your budget, but you'd have to explore the feature sets to see what works. And get thee to a camera shop to try out a few.

GoldenGamerUK

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

i will be doing closeups and colour is very important, i want to be able to see the picture how its suppose to be
EDIT: i do youtube, so i want to be able to produce high quality content if i do vlogs or trips down to events!

GoldenGamerUK

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

yeah, that is a good point, i will take a trip down to my local camera shop, which happens to be currys...

USAFRet

Illustrious

I have a Fuji HS10, which does very, very good macro shots. But it, and the newer models (HS50EXR currently), are above your price point.

GoldenGamerUK

Honorable
Aug 16, 2013

yeah, i have had my eye on this one
http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/cameras/digital-cameras/bridge-cameras/nikon-coolpix-l330-bridge-camera-22095622-pdt.html