Checking media.... No bootable device--restart system

Kelmartin

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Okay so I had to restore my computer, and things were good and when it would come to the main screen it would say screening and repairing disk (c:) so when I try to repair it it said that it can't be repaired and now it's telling me that it's checking media and failed and now telling me no bootable device please restart system

Kelmartin

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013

I don't know what that means, technology retarded

ApexRose

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Hey i have the same problem with my pc right now it happen yesterday and everytime i turn it on i put in my harddrive password and then thee logo of toshiba came up "LEADING INNOVATION" then it says
"checking media....fail"
"checking media....fail"
then
"no bootable device. please restart computer........"
then anytime i click a key it repeat continuously eg:

now i dont know what to do im so clueless:??:. is their any way i can restore my laptop? :( :.(
T.T :( ( Really Sad)

ApexRose

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Well i fix it. Well a friend fix it :D
The hard drive was not dead for me, he re-install windows 8 but the wasn't easy. its like the CD Drive and USB ports were corrupted because when he try to re-install in from the USB and CD none of them work but i knew that my USB port was working and so was my CD drive when the Laptop was working back then. So he went for a External CD Drive (If that's the name) and plug it into the laptop then it began to re-install :D, But this is what i want help with;

I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO ACTIVATE WINDOWS 8.............. oh a butterfly LOL.

Down in the right end corner of the screen i see this;
Windows 8 Release Preview
Build 8400

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT MEAN? :s