China Approves Google's Motorola Acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
I'm looking forward to what Motorola phones get released now. I guess they'll at least get updates on time. If they start doing really well, perhaps other OEMs will improve their stuff too.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
I wonder if any backroom deals were involved in this sudden announcement, considering that Motorola released dire news of its losses just a few days prior to this.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
I have chosen to deny Google's bid to merge with Motorola... Take that, China... 9 more months, and some proper 'persuasion' and maybe I shall rethink my stance...

G

Anyone care to lay odds that carriers will still blame Google for slow updates of Android operating systems on phones, Motorola included? Coming from someone with a Rezound that has been waiting the last 5 months for ICS I'm not holding out much hope. It's marketing, kinda like I'm not getting sense 4.0 when they finally poop out an update, I'm getting 3.6. Why? It's not a hardware issue, its so the newly released Incredible 2 will look sleeker on the shelf with the most up to date software.

I'm confused on this. Who owned Motorola beforehand? Was it owned by the chinese government or a chinese company? I'm just trying to figure out why a US company would need regulatory approval to purchase what I thought was a US owned company by the chinese government.

v3nom777

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
[citation][nom]velocityg4[/nom]I'm confused on this. Who owned Motorola beforehand? Was it owned by the chinese government or a chinese company? I'm just trying to figure out why a US company would need regulatory approval to purchase what I thought was a US owned company by the chinese government.[/citation]

They probably have property in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.