Chinese Tablet Maker Admits to Copying iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

amarok

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2010
Funny to read about complaints from China about copy-products, considering they illegally copy almost all software/hardware in the world - heck, they steal and copy everything which isn't nailed to the floor, those slant-eyed bitches!

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]amarok[/nom]Funny to read about complaints from China about copy-products, considering they illegally copy almost all software/hardware in the world - heck, they steal and copy everything which isn't nailed to the floor, those slant-eyed bitches![/citation]

haha that actually made me laugh... even though im going to hell for it.

JohnnyLucky

Distinguished
May 30, 2007
This is great! More material for the iPad soap opera. It's starting to look as if it has potential to go prime time ala the old "Dallas" soap opera.

chomlee

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Sorry guys but the tittle of this article is very misleading. Knowing that a company is comming out with a product and coming up with a similar product of your own based on what you THINK the other product might look like is certainly not copying. Copying usually requires some reverse engineering.

And, I see no where in this article where the company admits that they were copying the Ipad.

I have been a daily reader of Toms for almost 10 years and I notice lately, you have been very misleading with your article titles. Let me guess, you must have a new manager/editor that is forcing you guys to sensationalize every one of your stories.

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
doesn't quite sound like they were copying - you can't copy something until it is actually produced and released, which the iPad was not. You don't copy something based on rumors - you don't copy rumors. . .if we did, then EVERYTHING would be a copy of some Apple product, as many rumors exist of rumored Apple products. . .

tektek

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
So they created a stellar not to be thought of design.. that only APPLE is able to create.. without seeing it?

yes i'm being sarcastic!

tektek

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
[citation][nom]socalboomer[/nom]doesn't quite sound like they were copying - you can't copy something until it is actually produced and released, which the iPad was not. You don't copy something based on rumors - you don't copy rumors. . .if we did, then EVERYTHING would be a copy of some Apple product, as many rumors exist of rumored Apple products. . .[/citation]

Dont you know by now.. that Tom's has an APPLE touch to it..

Although many dont like 'them Apples' .. but oh well

nirvanabah

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2009
[citation][nom]hakesterman[/nom]This Clown needs an Enema...................[/citation]

I certainly hope you weren't trying to quote the Joker's original Batman line of "This town needs an enema".

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]lowguppy[/nom]I'd still rather have the Chinese knockoff that runs Win7 than the iPad[/citation]

Agreed. You need a real OS to be worthwhile IMO. This closed "gated community" approach to computing disgusts me to no end.

farleytron

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2009
There have been many, many touch screen tablet PC's before the P88, and especially the iPad. The entire argument from the Chinese company is pointless... it's probably just some free P.R. for their junky product. The P88 has Windows XP, a Intel Atom, etc. And, worse yet, it has a battery life of 1.5 HOURS! Yes, ONE POINT FIVE... What a piece of crap!

Cache

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
Maybe this is how we can get the Chinese interested in legal protections for our products--start copying theirs and sell them dirt cheap with street vendors.

soo-nah-mee

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2009
[citation][nom]amarok[/nom]Funny to read about complaints from China about copy-products, considering they illegally copy almost all software/hardware in the world - heck, they steal and copy everything which isn't nailed to the floor, those slant-eyed bitches![/citation]Save for the racial slur, I couldn't have said it better myself. The Chinese have no regard for intellectual property. It's a shame we are damn near FORCED to buy everyday products from them. Fucking slopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.