Chinese Writers Accuse Apple of Being an Online Book Pirate

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]jl0329[/nom]Not surprised. App store in Asian region is flooded with copyrighted materials.[/citation]
Isnt the region also flooded with entire fake Apple Stores?

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]mayne92[/nom]The Chinese... stereo-typically people who don't respect copyright laws until it affects them.[/citation]

yea, I found this interesting as well. This is a place that refuses to crack down on counterfeit stores that sell counterfeit products and uses the excuse that these stores create jobs. Will be interesting to see how this play's out if their is any truth to it.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
from my understanding, people upload to apple, they make sure the app works, and it goes online shortly after.

they dont go through it and track down every instance of possible theft.

im on apples side here, than again china is a hell hole for anything coppyright related and possibly needs different rules.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
It's about time apples on the other end of the lawsuit even tho it is the Chinese and they pirate all the time. I'm glad to see apple finally getting a taste of their own medicine.

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]yea, I found this interesting as well. This is a place that refuses to crack down on counterfeit stores that sell counterfeit products and uses the excuse that these stores create jobs. Will be interesting to see how this play's out if their is any truth to it.[/citation]
Now why would the Chinese, need counterfeit stores to create jobs, when most every thing you buy now is made in china.

subaru41

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2006
[citation][nom]shafe88[/nom]It's about time apples on the other end of the lawsuit even tho it is the Chinese and they pirate all the time. I'm glad to see apple finally getting a taste of their own medicine.[/citation]

+1

G

I got a better idea, make the Chinese government pay a bill on the amount of intellectual property and manufacture jobs taken from the US, which it amounts around $250 billion a year for the past 12 years, so about $3 trillion will be a fair amount (still not enough to pay our deficit).

josep

Honorable
Mar 19, 2012
Yes. Let’s all hold individual authors whose material was illegally sold responsible for the nation of China’s inaction regarding counterfeit material.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]josep[/nom]Yes. Let’s all hold individual authors whose material was illegally sold responsible for the nation of China’s inaction regarding counterfeit material.[/citation]
Why not? I have a feeling if the Chinese authors were found to have plagiarized the material the Chinese government would have backed them up and let them continue.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]alidan[/nom]from my understanding, people upload to apple, they make sure the app works, and it goes online shortly after.they dont go through it and track down every instance of possible theft. im on apples side here, than again china is a hell hole for anything coppyright related and possibly needs different rules.[/citation]
Yet the American government wants that file uploading sites and ISPs track down every instance of possible theft.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]ap3x[/nom]yea, I found this interesting as well. This is a place that refuses to crack down on counterfeit stores that sell counterfeit products and uses the excuse that these stores create jobs. Will be interesting to see how this play's out if their is any truth to it.[/citation]
Didn't the Chinese authorities a while back closed a large number of fake apple stores?

humphreybot

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2011
lolol what eden are you from vlad, where everything is so ideal and fair? the chinese are doing everything they can to steal everything they can and bitching when it happens to them. and to be honest, i doubt few americans are reading their books, they are most likely being stolen by their comrads lolol

jamie_1318

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2010
[citation][nom]bunnywanny[/nom]I got a better idea, make the Chinese government pay a bill on the amount of intellectual property and manufacture jobs taken from the US, which it amounts around $250 billion a year for the past 12 years, so about $3 trillion will be a fair amount (still not enough to pay our deficit).[/citation]

If you are going to make a strange statistic like that I want to see a source. The idea that Chinese information pirates are costing $250 Billion per year in US jobs seems.... how should I put it, a bit extreme. I would understand if it was costing Bigwig CEOs $250 billion per year, as they hold the copyrights to things pirated, I just don't see $250 Billion in Lost US jobs.

Even then that money doesn't go to apple, it goes to the infringees from the infringers.

Although after that it's not like the Chinese writers are the Counterfeiters, so it still isn't something that should be made their problem.

igot1forya

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2008
[citation][nom]jdamon113[/nom]Cry me a fucking RiverHow many Windows PC you have with out a real Key Code ?[/citation]
LOL I'm still running the Windows 7 Enterprise Trial - I have an abort shutdown script that I wrote that lets me use it like any other PC. Thank you Microsoft for allowing us to abort your shutdown with a simple "shutdown -a" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.