Choosing a convertible

anthonyjr2

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
I have been wanting a new convertible laptop/tablet hybrid for a while. Coming up, I've seen two that I've been interested in. These are the Lenovo IdeaTab Lynx, or the Lenovo ThinkPad Twist. They both have their pros and cons, but the main difference is that the Twist has an attached keyboard while the Lynx comes with a keyboard base. Also, the Twist is supposedly geared towards businesses, so I am not exactly sure if it would be right for me. To be clear, I am looking for something like a laptop replacement. I don't want Windows RT, I want full-blown Windows 8.

My question is, which would be the better of these two for personal use? I like that the Twist has a built-in keyboard so I don't have to carry a base around, but the Lynx is lighter and more portable, as well as being cheaper.

Solution
Hmmm...

I like the Lexus IS 350C hardtop convertible. It's relatively inexpensive for a 4 passenger sports car and maintenance costs are relatively low. However, those backseat passengers better be small.

Oh.... You are referring to a laptop / tablet...

I prefer the ThinkPad brand because they are generally pretty durable. However, I know that applies to the T series and probably the W series as well. Not sure about the durability of other laptops in under the ThinkPad brand.
Hmmm...

I like the Lexus IS 350C hardtop convertible. It's relatively inexpensive for a 4 passenger sports car and maintenance costs are relatively low. However, those backseat passengers better be small.

Oh.... You are referring to a laptop / tablet...

I prefer the ThinkPad brand because they are generally pretty durable. However, I know that applies to the T series and probably the W series as well. Not sure about the durability of other laptops in under the ThinkPad brand.

Solution