Choosing a new headset

Exeon X

Estimable
Sep 6, 2014
Hi all, up till now I've been using a Ozone rage 7HX headset however after a few years of use the microphone is broken and I'm replacing it altogether.

The good thing about it was the clear sound quality, the 7.1 system worked fairly well considering it's price although the rest was pretty poor(microphone wasn't all that good, unbraided cable etc) though for 60€ i can't complain.

In any case I'm having big issues deciding on what to replace it with, i had already bought the logitech G35, which i had to return because of a defect and personally even though i love logitech if i get something with a defect i can't buy the same model again

So now usually i have no issues finding a replacement for about anything, however i base myself off reviews and considering all the headsets out there and the mixed reviews about them i have to get more opinions(or recent ones at least)

TL/DR I need a new headset around 100€ should be a 7.1 and corded is just fine, so I'm looking for opinions/recommendations/personal experiences

Thanks in advance

Solution
I have heard good things about the Plantronics GameCom 780 and the Logitech G430. A friend of mine owns the G430's and has said good things about them.

If you want to go wireless, you could always look at the Logitech G930 (basically the wireless version of the G35) or the Corsair Vengeance 2100. I will warn you though, the G930's can be a buggy headset. I had a pair and have a couple friends that have them and all of us have had issues at some point. (Randomly disconnecting, resetting sidetone settings, not muting, etc.) I have heard good things about the Corsair Vengeance 2100's and haven't heard about any instability with them.

You could also look into getting a good pair of headphones instead of a headset if you don't need a mic...

ttimberlak443

Honorable
Jan 11, 2014
I have heard good things about the Plantronics GameCom 780 and the Logitech G430. A friend of mine owns the G430's and has said good things about them.

If you want to go wireless, you could always look at the Logitech G930 (basically the wireless version of the G35) or the Corsair Vengeance 2100. I will warn you though, the G930's can be a buggy headset. I had a pair and have a couple friends that have them and all of us have had issues at some point. (Randomly disconnecting, resetting sidetone settings, not muting, etc.) I have heard good things about the Corsair Vengeance 2100's and haven't heard about any instability with them.

You could also look into getting a good pair of headphones instead of a headset if you don't need a mic that badly. A mod-mic could be added later on if you wanted to.

Solution

dirolas

Estimable
Aug 28, 2014
i was thinking about plantronics gamecon 788 , but got steelseries v2 instead,dont know if i will be changing my v2's into plantronic's.....plantronic's seems a bit cheaper,but i dont ,if it will outperform steelseries siberia v2 :). In my opinion,i'm happy with what i have tho,but if i could get a better sound quality,i would get other headset for same price range ( it was 90$ ).it can look like a bucket on my head,but if it has epic sound quality,i'l go for it !