Chrome 60 Still Freezing When Wi-Fi Dips Out

DTeCH_2K8

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2008
Google Chrome Version 60.0.3112.50 (Official Build) beta (64-bit). I switched to this version because of the same issue on the regular version, but it's the same here too. Whenever the Internet chips out for a quick moment, chrome freezes up until full connectivity is restored. This sucks when watching YouTube videos, or anything else in full-screen.

This issue has been around in forums that i found as far back a s version 28, but I got tired of looking. :) I bet it goes back further than that though. Any Ideas on what the issue is, or if their is a fix yet for this?

Thanks. :)

Solution
If the WiFi goes out, then it is quite normal for a video to freeze, stop, hick-up, etc. Same for any other things being accessed online at the time. The only way to not have it happen is for the WiFi not to go out. If this happens often, I would first check with your ISP and see if there is an issue in the area that can be fixed. If there isn't, then I would look into the modem/router as the culprit.
If the WiFi goes out, then it is quite normal for a video to freeze, stop, hick-up, etc. Same for any other things being accessed online at the time. The only way to not have it happen is for the WiFi not to go out. If this happens often, I would first check with your ISP and see if there is an issue in the area that can be fixed. If there isn't, then I would look into the modem/router as the culprit.

Solution