Hailie

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2008
I really can't recommend Chrome at all. It drains resources to a ridiculous extent for a browser that is clearly trying to take the minimal little is more approach. I like the full screen browsing aspect which does seem a little more immersive, but there's no excuse for swallowing up as much memory as it does.

I'd put it ahead of IE8 (just about), but still a long way off from both Safari and Firefox. I use Firefox at home and Safari at work. Can't see Chrome winning me over but to be fair, it is early days! I like what Google does with its apps so there may be hope yet.

pavel-

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2007
If you have some beefy hardware underneath your operating system you will notice a significant difference in using Chrome versus Firefox or IE. It uses those resources it hogs to open/close/load/display things much faster.

Riggs-

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
I like chrome. The isolated processes for each tab is nice too as if something in one tab crashes then thats the tab you lose and not the whole browser. When I'm at work I can have upwards of 15 tabs open. I work for a web hosting company and I have to view many websites. Its pretty annoying when a site crashes your browser and you have to go relocate everything you were looking at.

Yeah it is kind of a system resources hog but hey, its still a pretty new browser. Its also still in a testing phase isn't it?

Riggs-