Chrome crashes, Keyboard stops working -> bluescreen

Heartbeatx

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016
Hi there!

For some reason, on my Lenovo Y700 (i5-6300HQ and 960m 2gb, Windows 10), my chrome will crash, and at the same time my keyboard will stop working at all, it wont work in windows (shortcuts including Ctrl + Alt + Delete) or in any apps. The mouse still works, so i have looked around in task manager and closed all things not needed, it did not work and i bluescreened shortly after. Second time it happened i tried logging off instead and i then had a bluescreen, same thing third time but with shutting down instead. It does not seem to happen at any specific time or when i do something special, i havent downloaded or installed anything lately and only Chrome crashes, other apps stay functioning.

The bluescreen error code is "Driver_power_state_failure"

TL;DR Chrome crashes and keyboard stops working, i cant find a fix and i bluescreen.

Thanks!
-Rasmus

Well, if the error started occurring after you have installed anything new, updated drivers, updated Chrome, etc., I would suggest rolling back the computer to prior to those changes. You can do that in "Recovery".

If nothing at all had been changed, then you may want to check if there are any drivers that need updating.

There may also be an update to Chrome, which could resolve the issue.

There is also the option to check for, and repair, problematic system files. To do this you will need to open CMD and be sure you do so with Administrator privileges. To get there Press the Win key and the R key. Then type in cmd and hit ok. In the new window that loads type "sfc /scannow " (without the quotes) and hit enter. After it is done, it can take a little while, you will get message if your PC has problematic files and if they can be fixed.

Heartbeatx

Commendable
Feb 15, 2016

Thank you for your response, but as i wrote, i havent installed anything recently.
What i havent written is how i went through all of device manager and updated everything in there one by one. (after the first crash happened)
I will try to update chrome and i will try sfc scan.

-Rasmus

EDIT: I am running the latest version of Chrome, and the sfc scan found nothing :s