Chromecast HDMI to VGA not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

kishore2feb

Prominent
May 24, 2017
I am trying to connect my chromecast 2 to my VGA supported LG monitor, with a Male HDMI to female VGA port. (Also using female hdmi to female hdmi connector to connect male chromecast to male hdmi of the hdmi-to-vga converter).. Now the problem is, I can see chromecast running but no video on monitor or audio on speakers,

How do I test if the converter itself is working or could it be a problem with (female hdmi to female hdmi) connector by any chance.

It is exactly as shown in this video by someone else already on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PnFxcjlOK8

Solution
Use an existing TV which has an HDMI port so you don't have to mess with adapters.

Chromecast is designed to plug straight in to an HDMI port, start putting adapters on the end of it and you can expect to get problems.

If you really have to use that monitor, an active adapter should work, but only for video, not sound.

So plugging the Chromecast straight in to an HDMI-equipped TV is so much simpler all round.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kishore2feb : "Chromecast hdmi to vga"

COLGeek

Cybernaut
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kishore2feb : "HDMI to VGA issues"

Use an existing TV which has an HDMI port so you don't have to mess with adapters.

Chromecast is designed to plug straight in to an HDMI port, start putting adapters on the end of it and you can expect to get problems.

If you really have to use that monitor, an active adapter should work, but only for video, not sound.

So plugging the Chromecast straight in to an HDMI-equipped TV is so much simpler all round.

Solution

kishore2feb

Prominent
May 24, 2017

Yes. I am using a power adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.