Chromium Virus Recurring

DJMatt

Estimable
Jul 24, 2015
Hi,

I have an annoying problem, a chromium virus called WB.CFG keeps recurring in my roaming folder on my PC. each time it comes back it pops up a screen that says to 'update your computer', however I know it's a virus so I never click on it, I always just end the task from the dock. I then drag the file that just reappeared in the roaming folder to the trash, then I empty the trash. A few weeks later the file reappears in the roaming folder and I am prompted to update my computer again. I repeat the same process but to no avail. I downloaded a capture software for my computer and it had a chromium virus in it for some reason, even though I scanned the download. I have tried doing full scans of my PC using Trend Micro Security and no malware has been found. There must be some remaining file each time that's creating the new virus file. I did uninstall the video capture software so it probably isn't coming from there. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
While many of the free PC inspection utilities are at best adware if not infections, in this instance malwarebytes is better then most paid antivirus for reactive scanning.

Trend Micro on the other hand is horrible, they rank in the bottom section of review lists.
While many of the free PC inspection utilities are at best adware if not infections, in this instance malwarebytes is better then most paid antivirus for reactive scanning.

Trend Micro on the other hand is horrible, they rank in the bottom section of review lists.

Solution

DJMatt

Estimable
Jul 24, 2015

Ok thanks for the help