Cisco User Session Monitor preventing shutdown

Yeldur

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
Hi guys,

Last night I attempted to shut my machine down only to find something peculiar, the following message appeared: (my name)User_Session_Monitor_Cisco is stopping the machine from shutting down

My computer is based in a home environment and is not connected up to any work environment at all, it's a standalone windows 10 computer. Can anyone advise as to whether this is something I need to remove? I'm a bit suspicious.

Yeldur

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017
From doing a quick look into services/details in task manager I've found "CiscoVideoGuardMonitor.exe" - I've never heard of this app before and I've certainly not installed it manually.

I've also seen that sometimes Malware disguises itself as this.. Following the filepath:

C:\Users\yeldu\AppData\Local\Cisco\VideoGuardPlayer\VideoGuardMonitor

Scanning this with Windows Defender does not pick up any threats.

Yeldur

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

I already stated that I haven't so that's not possible.

Edit:
If you mean check to see that I have got software installed from Cisco then I have and found something called Cisco Video Guard Monitoring which matches up with the exe file; I've certainly not installed it so I have no idea what it is. Uninstalled it and it's now gone.

Yeldur

Commendable
Jan 28, 2017

I haven't installed any other software recently that would have this attached, I'm very anal about what gets installed on my machine so nothing gets installed unless I know about it.