Cleaning PC Speakers by Blower

beno

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2010
Hi,
Is it safe or okay to clean my pc speakers by one of these blowers??
just to remove the dust on the protective net of speakers , as i have Logitech x 530 5.1
Portable-Blower-HD1202-.jpg

X530.jpg

Regards,

BeNo

Solution
With a blower you might force dust into the compartments of the speakers possibly reducing sound quality. I've used a vacuum with one of those "brushes/bristles" add-on at the tip of the vacuum to clean the speakers easily.

If your vacuum is very strong you could even attach a sock/nylon at the end of the bristles to reduce the suction.

Static can easily be circumvented by grounding yourself while you clean the speakers, and to not clean them on a carpet or move around too much when cleaning them.

Just always make sure to unplug the speakers from the wall or any electronics when doing so.

Chainzsaw

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2002
With a blower you might force dust into the compartments of the speakers possibly reducing sound quality. I've used a vacuum with one of those "brushes/bristles" add-on at the tip of the vacuum to clean the speakers easily.

If your vacuum is very strong you could even attach a sock/nylon at the end of the bristles to reduce the suction.

Static can easily be circumvented by grounding yourself while you clean the speakers, and to not clean them on a carpet or move around too much when cleaning them.

Just always make sure to unplug the speakers from the wall or any electronics when doing so.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS