Clicking new windows or making new tabs makes my computer go black.

Mr Hanky

Estimable
Jun 22, 2014
I don't know what's going on but yesterday and today my computer went black (shut my monitors down, no signal from my tower) and shut off my keyboard and mouse. The fan still spins and there's no beeps or weird noises. I have to basically unplug my computer from the wall to turn it off at this point because even the power button doesn't respond.

The first time this happen all I was doing was clicking on Google Chrome and everything did what I just said.

Then just 15min ago I went to make another tab on Chrome and it did the same thing.

I do feel I need to give my desktop a good cleaning since it's probably due for one but I've never seen issues like this from dust.

I have a graphics card with two monitors if that helps any, but my graphics card is only a year old. My Mobo and the other hardware is much older though.

Mr Hanky

Estimable
Jun 22, 2014
CPU: Pentium dual-Core CPU E6300 @ 2.8GHz
Mem: 4gb Ram DD2 I believe.
GPU: Geforce GTX 650

Has been running just fine for close to 2 years. Lately it has been slowing down and having some minor issues with the loading time on certain things. I don't know what that cause is but it hasn't been a pain enough for me to care.

The only issue that has finally made me want to take action on anything is the one listed above.

Thanks for your time,

Hank