Solved! clone my Windws 7 C-drive (74 GB) to new larger drive (1TB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannie54

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
and have it boot up off new larger drfive It will not do this with several s/w used (AEOMI Backer Upper, Mini Tools, XML Imaging,

Solution
You may not be cloning the boot sector. Some clone pgms make you search for where that is included. I always use EaseUS for cloning my drives.

Another thing you could do is make a Win disk image to some other media, like a ext. HDD. The do an image restore to the new drive.

clutchc

Distinguished
You may not be cloning the boot sector. Some clone pgms make you search for where that is included. I always use EaseUS for cloning my drives.

Another thing you could do is make a Win disk image to some other media, like a ext. HDD. The do an image restore to the new drive.

Solution

wannie54

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
I figured out what to do and it's working. THis was a Seagate 1TB and not necessary about the model. They had a utility that do what the others say they can do. I was able to partition clone and boot within an hour . There was no problem and have kept thre original 74GB Drive as backup in case all else fails. Thanks for your responses and suggestions. I will close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.