[CLOSED] Looking for free remtore desktop apps with touch-to-point&click on Linux

Arctikuma

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013
Hi all,

I'm setting up uniCenta oPOS for my restaurant. And I want to access the software from iPAD. uniCenta is designed to be touch screen friendly, so all I need is a remote desktop application that allows touch-to-point&click.

Remote server is running on Debian Wheezy. I've tried realVNC (server: x11vnc), but it uses mouse emulation instead of direct touch.

It seems to me that Splashtop and Microsoft Remote Desktop with Win 8.1 fit what I need. But I'm looking for free app with Linux-compatible server.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

###Clarification###
touch-to-point&click: It's a feature that allows user to touch a target on the cilent screen and achieve postioning pointer as well as left-clicking the target. Most remote desktop applications emulate mouse movement with swiping action on client screen. That's not what I want.

###UPDATE###
Tested Apps
realVNC: lacking touch mode
TeamViewer: lacking touch mode on linux server
Chrome Remote Desktop: lacking touch mode

###FINAL SAY###
At last, I choose to use Splashtop on Ubuntu Precise. I couldn't figure out how to resolve the dependency issue whilst installing splashtop_streamer on Debian Wheezy.

pcworm

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
you can look up Chrome Remote Desktop app. also you might be able to use teamviewer.

you said "Microsoft Remote Desktop with Win 8.1 fit" fits the bill... how are you gonna run it on IPAD?

Arctikuma

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

I found this Microsoft Remote Desktop on app store released by Microsoft Corporation. User can switch between touch mode and mouse pointer mode. source

Arctikuma

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Teamviewer offers the same mouse emulation as realVNC, unfortunately no direct touch support (for Linux user?).
Teamviewer Touch, on the other hand, seems to have the feature I want. However it only works on win 8.

I'm starting to think that in order to allow touch-to-point, the hosting server must have some sort of touch screen infrastructure like win 8.
Can't remote desktop program map both screens from server and client, and then allows its user toggling to touch mode? Is that how Splashtop works? Any Splashtop user wants to share your experience?

Arctikuma

Honorable
Jun 25, 2013

Same problem with Chrome Remote Desktop. There is no direct touch function built in the app.