Cloud 2 vs Alpha vs Artcis 5

hsefakucuk98

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017
Hello,Firstly sorry for bad english :(
I want to buy headset for CS:go,R6 etc.But i am very confused about headset because my pc have soundblaster cinema 3 and i can use surround.I want to buy arctis 5 and i saw review So-So surround and start confusing again.Arctis has got very nice shape and kind shape but hyper is looking big.My amount 100-120$ what is your suggest?I want to hear all foot steps:)

Solution

To me it seems like the Arctis is slightly more durable. I question how long the super soft ear pads of the Alphas will last, while the cloth ones on the Arctis should hold up quite well. Sound wise the Alphas do sound better, but it's not a huge difference. I know it's not the same thing but I bought the SteelSeries Siberia V2 about 6 years ago, ended up giving it to my brother and he still uses it today. Sadly I had a HyperX Cloud Core headset broke after 6 months so I don't have a whole lot of faith in it.

ugotkevin

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017
I like the Alphas. They sound a little better than the Arctis and are crazy comfortable, I just love those cushions! But you have to use your onboard audio. If your onboard audio isn't that great you'll need to go USB, I'm a fan of the Razer Kraken 7.1 V2, they are very comfortable and have a great mic.

I have 2 problems with the Arctis, the cushions are too soft and thin that my ears press against the drivers and get uncomfortable after about an hour. My second complaint is that the mic is too quiet. But you can use the 3.5mm jack so you can use it with your phone or whatever else you want to listen too. I guess another complaint is that if you have a huge head these won't fit.

hsefakucuk98

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

I am living in Turkey.Here 1$ is 4 turkish Money and we have very huge taxes.Razer is 500 turkish Money like 500 dollar for Turkey so we couldn't change our equipment often.When we bought some gear we probably use them for 4-5 years. I want to buy areally good equipment for 100-120 dollar but sometimes my earpods will broken and i will use headset.Arctis 5 has very nice desing but hyper hasn't.But now i am not interesting with design.I'm looking for a audio quality which one is better for FPS MMOFPS like CS:Go so i have 4 choice
1-Hyperx Cloud Alpha
2-Hyperx Cloud II
3-Arctis 5
4-Razer Kraken 7.1 Chroma V2.
Some Headsets has unnecessary for some laptops.So which one worth my Money for pc ?

hsefakucuk98

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

USB is better but i have 2 3.5 jack for mic and sound.Microphone quality not very important because i am only using discord for team game so midde qulity is enough

ugotkevin

Prominent
Dec 14, 2017

To me it seems like the Arctis is slightly more durable. I question how long the super soft ear pads of the Alphas will last, while the cloth ones on the Arctis should hold up quite well. Sound wise the Alphas do sound better, but it's not a huge difference. I know it's not the same thing but I bought the SteelSeries Siberia V2 about 6 years ago, ended up giving it to my brother and he still uses it today. Sadly I had a HyperX Cloud Core headset broke after 6 months so I don't have a whole lot of faith in it.

Solution

hsefakucuk98

Prominent
Dec 13, 2017

Arctis 5 or Razer 7.1 v2?