Coaxial out to aux or subwoofer out to aux

BigBoyJocky

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016
Hi I've been searching for hours now and i can't find anything. I have 2 JBL flip 3 speakers and I want to run it through my tv to get more surround sound feeling. They each have an aux in but my tv only has a subwoofer out and a coaxial out. I want to know if I plug my speakers into the sub out (if i buy the converters) will it work like normal speakers, or will i have to buy a coaxial converter to be able to use the speakers. I would rather not have to spend money and not get use out of it. Thanks please respond soon :)

Solution
Hi, if the TV does not have a normal red and white audio out, then you could buy a cheap receiver or DAC to convert the coaxial(Digital). Like the other post said, if you have a headphone jack, you can use a "Y" cable ( one 3.5mm jack on one side and two on the other end) to plug into your JBL speakers. Honestly I'd highly recommend a cheap surround system.

ashik1983

Estimable
Aug 4, 2015
The subwoofer out probably only gives output of low frequency sound effects and base that i played out by a subwoofer. Even if you are able to use your JBL speakers by connecting it to your sub out, i am sure the sound you will get will be pretty bad.

You are far better off just getting a coaxial converter and get proper sound to make worthy use of your speakers.

Even if you use a DAC to convert the TV audio out it will not be surround sound just the same sound from behind you. Might be an improvement over the TV speakers in the front but the volume would not be adjustable with the TV remote since the digital out is fixed. If your TV has a headphone jack that would already be analog and is variable.

AlphaCompton

Estimable
Oct 3, 2014
Hi, if the TV does not have a normal red and white audio out, then you could buy a cheap receiver or DAC to convert the coaxial(Digital). Like the other post said, if you have a headphone jack, you can use a "Y" cable ( one 3.5mm jack on one side and two on the other end) to plug into your JBL speakers. Honestly I'd highly recommend a cheap surround system.

Solution

BigBoyJocky

Commendable
Feb 22, 2016

Thank you for the quick responses ill try the headphone jack and if not i can buy the coaxial converter