3oomagnum

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011
Hello,I have a sony KV27FS100L and I am trying to connect it to my HPE371F. The tv is a CRT display and has s-video and component inputs. The computer has DVI-I and HDMI outputs. I thought about using a HDFURY 2 or 3 converter, but they are not sure it would work because the sony is not a true HDMI. I would be very greatful if you could help me find some way to connect them, if it is possible at all. Thx. for your help!

Solution
some crt televisions go to 800x600 when connected to the computer
and
some crt televisions go up to 1024x768 when connected to the computer

1024x768 can work for videos while you save up your money.
800x600 can work for webcam videos in fullscreen mode.
but
neither one of them are any good for text unless you blow up the text until it looks stupid and you have to scroll back and forth a lot.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=dvi-i+to+compon&aq=f&aqi=g6&aql=&oq=

http://www.google.com/search?q=hdmi+to+component&hl=en&source=hp&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=

i'd say a conversion cable would probably work, however a crt television is going to look like crap when connected to a computer. the resolution is just way too low. standard definition back when they were made was 480x320 i believe. if it were me i'd save my money on the cables and start saving for a better display.

3oomagnum

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

thx verymuch for your help, I had a feeling I was wasting my time, and you confirmed it for me.( hdmi bigscreen here I come!)

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
some crt televisions go to 800x600 when connected to the computer
and
some crt televisions go up to 1024x768 when connected to the computer

1024x768 can work for videos while you save up your money.
800x600 can work for webcam videos in fullscreen mode.
but
neither one of them are any good for text unless you blow up the text until it looks stupid and you have to scroll back and forth a lot.

Solution

3oomagnum

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2011

Thx alot for your help. I will keep saving all my pennies. any advice on a bigscreen. I am thinking about the Samsung UN55C7000. Your opinion would be greatly appreciated!

anwaypasible

Distinguished
Oct 15, 2007
when you are looking at one television to the next to see the screen quality, think to yourself 'the smell of the situation hasnt been very easy thus far has it?'
because that is how you know if the product is any good.
what good is a television that looks like crap, but it has all these fancy options in the menu?
none of them help the television improve.. not until the lcd panel or electron gun is changed for something else. (or any voltage problems are fixed)