Compact printer scanner for caravan

Jan 30, 2015
I am looking for a very small and lightweight printer and scanner to travel in a caravan
It does not have to be fast or do special sizes of paper, but scanning is essential

I am looking at a printer, small, a Canon Pixma IP 110. Does this have a problem with the ink if not used often? It is $399, not cheap so need to get this right.

And a tiny portable scanner, battery run, very light - a Jenkins PS 4100 for $99

Jan 30, 2015
Thank you for your interest.
Investigating the HP Office Jet I found that the 150 Mobile All in one Printer
will print, scan and copy on the go. It is an inkjet using Bluetooth and can functions off a battery. Only one small item to do this. It has a colour touchscreen, lithium battery long lasting. Scans to PDF and JPEG.
We got it from Harvey Norman, so can take it back in most big centres. Was expensive, at just over $400 but we were wanting reliability and only one small bit of equipment.
It comes in at just 42x22x25 cm or 16x8x10 inches. Very light weight, not too plasticky.
It was simple to set up, esp for oldies, with actual written instructions in good English plus a set of onscreen instructions. Don't have to keep going to Internet to set up.
We still took the extended warranty( never convinced about this) just in case.
These are hard to chase down and we were just lucky that one was available.
Hope this is of use to someone else.