Computer says my device is malfunctioning when I just cracked the screen(my screen won't display anything) when I plug it in.

Feb 17, 2018
I have an internal crack on my phone and now It won't display anything but my alarm still works and I still feel the buzzing when I plug it in to charge, I tried to save some pictures by plugging it to a computer but it said something like your device is malfunctioning but I was wondering why it said that if it's just the screen that's not working. I was also wondering if an otg cable will still work if my computer​ can't recognize it?

Solution
Try restarting the device first. It may just be a malfunction that is showing as the files gone when they aren't. You could have hit the right combo of things on the screen that caused a clearing of the device. It happens. If they are actually gone, you may be able try a restoration (no guaranty will work) but you can try the following...

While there is no guaranty that you can get them back. Deleted does mean deleted. There are a few apps/programs out there that 'may' be able to help you recover the data.

A few of the programs you could try would be... DiskDigger, MobiSaver, Android-Recovery and Tenorshare. They are all data recovery apps/programs. There are many others out there, so check around and see which you would rather try...
Feb 17, 2018

It e.nded up recognizing it, but when I click on it it's completely empty it has no files or any of my pictures, is there a reason why? I think the digitizer is broken does that have to do with this? Also i have a Blu vivo 5 if that helps

Try restarting the device first. It may just be a malfunction that is showing as the files gone when they aren't. You could have hit the right combo of things on the screen that caused a clearing of the device. It happens. If they are actually gone, you may be able try a restoration (no guaranty will work) but you can try the following...

While there is no guaranty that you can get them back. Deleted does mean deleted. There are a few apps/programs out there that 'may' be able to help you recover the data.

A few of the programs you could try would be... DiskDigger, MobiSaver, Android-Recovery and Tenorshare. They are all data recovery apps/programs. There are many others out there, so check around and see which you would rather try. There is also one called RECUVA, that I have heard is free, which you could try.

One important note though, most of these programs are not free. They may say they are "free" or have "Free Trials" and "Free Downloads". Yet to actually recover your data, and get your files back, you may be have to purchase the program/app. Just so you know.

NOTE: For future reference, I really would suggest backing up your data to a computer or cloud. Often. Better to spend the time doing that, rather than to be out all that stuff if the phone dies, things get deleted/erased or it gets stolen.

Solution
Feb 17, 2018

Thank you you have helped a lot

Feb 17, 2018

One last question do you know if there is a a way to turn on us debugging in my situation?