Computer won't load, bios malfunction or freeze, only thing that works is aptio utility

rroma6

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
Hi, turned my computer off, and the next day turned it back on again.
It would either try to load or go into repairing c drive however either way went straight to bios.
When in bios I tried to refresh/reset but once pressed it would either freeze on the option or say there was an error, sometimes a blue screen of death would appear but it restarts too fast for me to get the error. Also happens every time I try to go into the advanced.
Legit have no idea what to do, but was wondering if someone could help or could tell me if I can reset in aptio utility setup

Greg Gregorich

Estimable
Feb 13, 2014
unplug your pc from the power outlet open the case carefully remove BIOS battery for couple minutes then insert it back power up.if you have Windows disc set in bios boot from it and proceed for repair

Greg Gregorich

Estimable
Feb 13, 2014
? 1.did you ressit the Battery YES/NO 2.it booted strait to automatic repair skiping BIOS part YES/NO

rroma6

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
Pulled the battery and the charger out, put the battery back in after 3 minutes and yes when I turned it on it went straight into automatic repair, and then into the blue screen with the troubleshoot options

rroma6

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
Sometimes it goes into repairing c drive; but malfunctions at 41% and returns to the setup page, another time it will go into 'repairing disk errors, may take over an hour to complete' but the same thing happens

rroma6

Prominent
Nov 11, 2017
Ive only been allowed to use the advanced options a couple of times, tried to do system restore but froze when I selected the file to restore to and diagnose pc the same thing happened

Greg Gregorich

Estimable
Feb 13, 2014
Bios battery located in side the case in a middle of the MOTHERBOARD quarter size silver battery before removing make sure your pc is unplugged from power outlet .

rgd1101

Don't

Did you understand the OP have a laptop?