Confused about Headphone Jack.

Ghosty705

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
So, I have a 970 Extreme3 R 2.0 (great mobo btw) but can'tfigure out to plug headphones in. I use a TV as a monitor, and I tried plugging it into that, and the green headphone jack, but still nothing, does anybody who has owned this mobo or used a tv as a monitor (or maybe both) know what to do? Very lost.

Solution
I dont think youre stupid, you wouldnt believe how much ive fixed for people where its a simple plugging it in wrong. I just want to make sure. Have you downloaded the latest audio driver? Sometimes that helps, my friend had this issue.

apologetic_zombie

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
I need more information. What gpu are you using, what video output are you using. I recommend just using hdmi as it outputs video and audio. But if you are trying to use headphones only, plug them into the front of the pc (or back) and right click the speaker/volume icon on the tray area of windows. Then select playback devices and tell me what pops up

Ghosty705

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

You must think I'm stupid.

XFX Radeon R7 250x Core Edition 2 GB edition.

I am using HDMI, who doesn't?

I plugged them into all the jacks, and selected playback, who wouldn't do that?

(sorry if I seemed angry, I get grumpy without my vape pen and it's charging)

apologetic_zombie

Honorable
Jun 22, 2013
I dont think youre stupid, you wouldnt believe how much ive fixed for people where its a simple plugging it in wrong. I just want to make sure. Have you downloaded the latest audio driver? Sometimes that helps, my friend had this issue.

Solution

Ghosty705

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016

You see, I dont HAVE a sound card, so I don't know if drivers apply to me. My mobo has a sound card built in, and that's what I use. I did put it into a orange jack, and it made a sound, but that's about it.

Ghosty705

Commendable
Jul 26, 2016
Never mind, all I had to do was put it in the tv jack and then disable all playback devices. A bit of a weird process, but hey, it works! Thanks for helping zombie!