Solved! Confusion about the Llano APU capability

yukijin

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2011
Hello Forum,

Im looking at the Llano based laptops with dedicated graphics (Example) and i see claims in the reviews that the APU actually crossfires with the 6750M. is this true? if so has this been benchmarked? im curious if this will beat my old 360m ASUS laptop.

joshyboy82

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2010
Hello OP,

The chart at: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html shows the 6750m ranked at 77. This is the single card, so the crossfire version will have near double the stats. That would put it around rank 30. The 360m is ranked at 74.

In summary, the 360m by itself is slightly better to the Llano APU's single built in gpu, but the 360m fall significantly far behind the Llano crossfire set up.

Solution

need4speeds

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2009
I would suspect that it works with the Llano gpu only when on battery power and uses the 6750m when plugged in. It sounds like what people are saying is you can reconfigure it to run crossfire instead of switchable graphics.

"The AMD Radeon HD 6775G2 is the combination of a integrated AMD Radeon HD 6620G or 6520G APU processor graphics card and a dedicated entry level AMD Radeon HD 6770M graphics card in CrossFire combination. In addition the laptop has to be equipped with dual channel RAM for CrossFire to work."

I suspect the battery life will plummet if you do that however.

It only works for dx10 and 11 games. still 880 shaders is impressive for any laptop.

There are still driver issues with the dual graphics setup, the 6750m might be faster by itself until the bugs are worked out.

When running on battery power you will no doubt want to run the Llano by itself, but still a quad core with a 400 shader gpu is quite impressive for a laptop running on battery power.

It sure beats the i5 laptops.

geekapproved

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2010

Maybe you should read the Llano review on this website?? Or maybe one of the hundreds of other websites that have reviewed and tested it??