Connect audio rca home theatre system through optical port.

Gokuto5333

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Hi guys! I was using my ps4 like I always do. But as you know, TV speakers are crappy so a idea struck my mind. I have a Sony 5.1 ch home theatre system and I thought about connecting it to my ps4 but the problem is that the ps4 has an optical out port and the home theatre system has rca output jacks. I want to use them badly. Please help!
Thanks in advance!!

Solution

No, you just need to get a 5.1 channel DAC. Every piece of audio equipment has one: receivers, sound cards, etc. You could even get a receiver with optical input (unsure of specific models). I run optical input into my PC sound card. You can get a standalone DAC, too.

Gokuto5333

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016

Hi there! Thanks for replying! I searched a bit and found many people saying that DACs will only accomplish 2.1 ch. Is this true?
Thanks in advance!

GuybrushT2

Estimable
Jan 1, 2016

No, you just need to get a 5.1 channel DAC. Every piece of audio equipment has one: receivers, sound cards, etc. You could even get a receiver with optical input (unsure of specific models). I run optical input into my PC sound card. You can get a standalone DAC, too.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS