Connect computer to TV - screen is extremely green

Lantana121

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2006
In trying to connect my computer to the TV (50inch Plasma) I pluged in a DVI to HDMI converter and ran the HDMI to the tv. There is a picture but the screen is extremely green. Is this a faulty wire, converter, or a setting on the computer or tv? I have searched the tv and computer for settings to adjust this but have found none. Any ideas?

If your TV happens to have a D-Sub vga connection, try both port connected to that (use a DVI-VGA adapter) for the DVI port. Also, I believe that card may have a S-Video out port. Try that port. I'm not saying these are solutions; just trying to determine where the fault is.

-Wolf sends

Lantana121

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2006
I ended up returning the cables to Best Buy and buying the same items. Everything worked fine when I tried it. The original cables must have had a defect or were damaged.

Thanks for the help.

normanprince

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
I also wasted lots of time trying to change settings... it was a defective VGA cable which, once replaced, solved the problem.

normanprince

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011

I solved the green screen problem by buying a new wire. In my case it was a VGA wire, the one that connects a desktop computer to its monitor. I wasted a lot of time trying to configure things, would have never guessed the wire was bad.