Solved! Connect hdmi to Epson 822+

Dec 15, 2018
I am trying to connect an Amazon fire stick to an Epson 822+ projector. The research I have done show that you can connect a fire stick with an adapter to the VGA port, or possibly a separate adapter through the AV Jack. Anybody have any experience with this? Looking for some suggestions into what adapter some of you guys have tried and found success with!

The link at the bottom should bring you to an image of the rear port set up of the Epson 822+

Thanks for the help!

https://www.google.com/search?q=epson+822%2B&client=safari&channel=iphone_bm&prmd=svin&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj66PiW9qHfAhWDVt8KHTQWBa4Q_AUoA3oECA4QAw&biw=320&bih=454#imgrc=5aAeS_I2npqWRM

Solution
Since that projector has a 4:3 aspect ration chip the VGA input may not allow you to get the aspect ratio right without an external scaler.
The component and composite video inputs will go through the built in scaler while the VGA may not. The component video input will give you a better picture than the composite video input. The converter to composite video is much cheaper than the one the converts HDMI to component.
Since that projector has a 4:3 aspect ration chip the VGA input may not allow you to get the aspect ratio right without an external scaler.
The component and composite video inputs will go through the built in scaler while the VGA may not. The component video input will give you a better picture than the composite video input. The converter to composite video is much cheaper than the one the converts HDMI to component.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS