Connect Multiple Speakers to an Amplifier?

audaciousgoat

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
I'm looking at buying a set or two of speakers. I'm no audiophile, but I enjoy having lots of sound when I listen to music. I currently have a set of JVC UX - LP5 speakers that works alright, but the display is shot. If I was to buy an amp like this one http:// and get a set of bookshelf speakers to connect to it, that's all there is to it right? Aside from converting the speaker wire to RCA (I can get an adapter easy enough), there isn't anything in a speaker that would stop this from working? Thanks a million for answering.

Solution
Not at all look at the remote, it has Speaker selector A, B, and A + B. Buy a converter to convert the Digital Audio output from your TV to the Stereo RCA and hit the A + B button and you should be good. You only need a selector if it is a 2 channel amp or the amp doesn't offer you the option to run all 4 channels. This one is a 4 channel and lets you run all 4 if you wish.

Remote.jpg

audaciousgoat

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014

I've been reading up on it, and some guides tell me to get a speaker selector. That isn't necessary?

delaro

Distinguished
Not at all look at the remote, it has Speaker selector A, B, and A + B. Buy a converter to convert the Digital Audio output from your TV to the Stereo RCA and hit the A + B button and you should be good. You only need a selector if it is a 2 channel amp or the amp doesn't offer you the option to run all 4 channels. This one is a 4 channel and lets you run all 4 if you wish.

Remote.jpg

Solution