Solved! connecting 2.1 desktop speakers as rear (surround) speaker to pc

Aug 21, 2020
hello,
I use my tv soundbar as my pc sound output via hdmi but now i want to add a subwoofer and i came up with the idea of using 2.1 desktop speaker and i wanted to know if i can use it as sub and rear speakers because when i connect an AUX cable to the sub input on soundcard it has the option to choose both sub and rear, and i wondered if it would work with a 2.1 speaker.

I know how to get 2 sound output from the pc so that is not a problem.

Solution
You can use the sats of the 2.1 system as the surrounds but unless the sub has it's own input you won't be able to use it as the system sub.
Surround channels don't have much if any bass so if you connect the entire 2.1 system to the black jack you won't hear much out of the sub.
Can you select HDMI as your front channel or stereo audio device and also select the analog outputs to work at the same time?
In most cases the orange subwoofer output is shared by the center channel. To get sub and 2 surround channels from a single jack would require a 4 conductor plug. The surround output jack is usually black.
If your 2.1 system has a separate L/R & subwoofer input then you could use it the way you want. If not then I don't think it will work.

Aug 21, 2020
Can you select HDMI as your front channel or stereo audio device and also select the analog outputs to work at the same time?
In most cases the orange subwoofer output is shared by the center channel. To get sub and 2 surround channels from a single jack would require a 4 conductor plug. The surround output jack is usually black.
If your 2.1 system has a separate L/R & subwoofer input then you could use it the way you want. If not then I don't think it will work.
Thank you for replying,
Yse i dont have a problem with choosing two outputs playing at the same time.

You mean even if the 2 speakers are front speakers, with seperate L/R and Center output i can plug them to the black jack (rear) And use them as surround

You can use the sats of the 2.1 system as the surrounds but unless the sub has it's own input you won't be able to use it as the system sub.
Surround channels don't have much if any bass so if you connect the entire 2.1 system to the black jack you won't hear much out of the sub.

Solution