Solved! Connecting 2 different AUX Cables

Nov 3, 2018
I want to connect two different AUX cables by cutting/stripping one side of both cables and joining them. When cutting off one end of the FIRST AUX cable, I found 3 colored wires inside - Red, White, & Yellow. And, cutting the SECOND AUX cable revealed Grey, White, & Copper wire. I found multiple answers for colors with positive and negative role in the internet only to get more confused. Anyways, my question is -

Which one of these cables are positive and negative? (I mean, which ones are to be connected with each other)?

I tried almost all combinations; but none worked. However, the first combination I tried was - Red with White, White with Grey, and Yellow with Copper which gave a short crackling sound from speaker when audio was passed but it never gave any output. After that, all other combinations didn't even make a single sound (not even the crackling). Where am I wrong? Why am I not able to hear the audio? Thank you.

Sorry, colors are not universal, u can't go by color, if u have a DMM, this would be easy-er, because on a RCA plug, the ground is the outer ring. with TRS (Walkman) connector, the ground is the longest barrel. With a DMM then u can find out which wire is the ground, after that, figuring out which of the remaining two are L or R by trial&error. Bared copper, like a weave is almost always ground.

Sorry, colors are not universal, u can't go by color, if u have a DMM, this would be easy-er, because on a RCA plug, the ground is the outer ring. with TRS (Walkman) connector, the ground is the longest barrel. With a DMM then u can find out which wire is the ground, after that, figuring out which of the remaining two are L or R by trial&error. Bared copper, like a weave is almost always ground.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Amyo Audio 3
sriblacky Audio 2
C Audio 2
C Audio 1
J Audio 1
U Audio 1
A Audio 1
J Audio 1
K Audio 2
F Audio 1
B Audio 1