Connecting BX5+subwoofer to pc?

Solution
You probably can't hear it when you play music because most music is a 2.0(stereo) source. You either need to find a 2.1, 3., 5.1 and etc source before the sub is going to be heard. Or you can set your realtek software for speaker fill to hear the sub. It won't be true 2.1 but you will be able to hear it.
What motherboard do you have?

Pretty nice sub btw and it is on sale for just freaking 89.95 at Amazon. Hell of a deal!!!

IF you have a mobo with a orange output, that outputs the center and sub channel. So a mini plug to out of the orange to input on sub.
If you plan on getting a center channel later on(I recommend a center channel) then get stereo mini to 2 mini Y cable. (input on the sub might be RCA but I can't tell from the pic and couldn't find a manual but your friend should know)

In terms of the BX5s, you will need an 3.5mm to 1/4 stereo plug.

Happy listening, the Prisoner...

xred8

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Yeah, I was able to connect the Bx5's using a TRS y-splitter to 3.5mm and can hear the bx5's, and the sub is also connected to is also connected to the orange output but I cant hear it when I play my music. If I go to realtek hd audio device and click on the sub it plays its test tone.

You probably can't hear it when you play music because most music is a 2.0(stereo) source. You either need to find a 2.1, 3., 5.1 and etc source before the sub is going to be heard. Or you can set your realtek software for speaker fill to hear the sub. It won't be true 2.1 but you will be able to hear it.

Solution