Connecting home cinema to notebook

minimalstyle

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015
Hey, I want to buy a sony home cinema...this is the link with the specs if you guys are kind to help http://www.sony.com.au/product/bdv-n9200wl

Im not gonna use its bluray player at all, I wanna buy the sistem for my notebook and use it with a asus xonar u7 usb soundcard.

I know that probably only 2 speakers will work if listening to music...all will work only when i play a movie or play a game that has dolby. What im wondering is...isn't there a preset or something in the home cinema's control panel to be able to hear 5.1 when playing regular mp3 ? Im not gonna buy it if not... Hope you understand my english. Thanks.

If your notebook has HDMI you can probably use that to connect it to the HT for video and audio. It would sound better than using the USB card and connecting with analog. The specs on that link show it does have music modes. Dolby PrologicII will give you surround on any 2 channel material but not as precisely as the music mode would.

minimalstyle

Estimable
Sep 10, 2015

Thanks ! Its better if it works with the HDMI...I won't be needing to buy the usb asus xonar soundcard. Would the sound be worse through hdmi?