Solved! Connecting Home Theatre

Lapys

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2011
I'm wondering if anyone knows, in general, how I would go about setting up a home theatre. I have an LC-65D64U Sharp HDTV, with four selections of input ports, two HDMI ports, a digital audio port, and a couple of others like USB, etc. For other equipment, there is a BOSE sound system, Blu-Ray player, and a digital cable box, and a video game console.

I am wondering roughly how I should route the cables so that all of the equipment works properly (ie, run it through the digital cable or BOSE or what)? I didn't give specifics so I don't really expect a very specific answer. I only need something to push me in the right direction so I'm not completely lost on what I'm doing. I do know that I have all the cables necessary as it was set up before, but was disassembled.

Thanks for any help.

Solution
Depends on whether or not your BOSE system does audio processing over HDMI and how many HDMI inputs it has). Regardless, I think there are two reasonable ways to connect everything up:

1) Blu-Ray player, Digital Cable Box and Video Game console via HDMI to the BOSE System, then HDMI from the BOSE System to the HDTV.

2) Blu-Ray player and Video Game console via HDMI to the HDTV. Digital Cable box via Component cable (Red, Blue, Green) to the HDTV. Then digital audio out from the HDTV to the BOSE System.

-Wolf sends
Depends on whether or not your BOSE system does audio processing over HDMI and how many HDMI inputs it has). Regardless, I think there are two reasonable ways to connect everything up:

1) Blu-Ray player, Digital Cable Box and Video Game console via HDMI to the BOSE System, then HDMI from the BOSE System to the HDTV.

2) Blu-Ray player and Video Game console via HDMI to the HDTV. Digital Cable box via Component cable (Red, Blue, Green) to the HDTV. Then digital audio out from the HDTV to the BOSE System.

-Wolf sends

Solution