Solved! Connecting old sony sound system to new tv with Android tv box

Chris Beast

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014
Hello, i have an old sony stereo sound system with a 2rca port and i want to connect it to my new Samsung tv that has only optical and hdmi ports. I also want to buy an android tv box in the future and i have seen thay many dont have an optical port but they do have av. I would probably need to. Connect the speakers to the tv box from where i will watch content so how will that work? Do i need a DAC to. Make it work with my system? (Also i found some 3rca to 3.5 cables will they work with the 2rca port? )Thanks in advance!

Unolocogringo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Most are 2 rca input/output. these are analog.
the third RCA is usually yellow/orange in color and is a digital cable, It can be used for audio or video, depending on device.
And some sets are designed with 3 for analog 5.1 input/output.

Unolocogringo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
that will depend on the model box you buy.
And the remaining inputs you amp has.
You may need to go HDMI to the TV from the box. then use the TV out to send it to the amp.

Unolocogringo

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Most are 2 rca input/output. these are analog.
the third RCA is usually yellow/orange in color and is a digital cable, It can be used for audio or video, depending on device.
And some sets are designed with 3 for analog 5.1 input/output.

I will address your "android box" are you talking about streaming contents from the Internet? If so, you should be able to get one with HDMI connector, that's what all modern devices use, AV is only if you have an old TV.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Audio 5
I Audio 2
M Audio 2
H Audio 2
C Audio 2
P Audio 3
S Audio 1
K Audio 1
A Audio 4
P Audio 6
J Audio 1