Connecting PC to my TV and 2.1 home cinema

cvb91

Estimable
Dec 22, 2014
Hi all,

I've just brought a 40" TV and got a free 2.1 home theater system with it.

Now, I have hooked up the desktop tower to the television via my VGA cable and have connected the home cinema system to the PC via an adapter. (sorry dont know all the technical words here). the sound plays lovely through my home cinema speakers but sometimes the sound will randomly go?? and then it will either come back on its own or after I have done a sound test via realtech or unplugged and replugged the sound cable.

Any ideas on how to sort this issue out?

Solution
I have connected via VGA cable to the TV set, and unfortunately the audio has to take a different route. It is preferred if you can make the connection with an HDMI cable as both the audio and the video signal is sent simultaneously. If you do not have an HDMI port out, than think about adding an inexpensive video card that supports this.

digitaldoc

Distinguished
Herald
I have connected via VGA cable to the TV set, and unfortunately the audio has to take a different route. It is preferred if you can make the connection with an HDMI cable as both the audio and the video signal is sent simultaneously. If you do not have an HDMI port out, than think about adding an inexpensive video card that supports this.

Solution