Connecting Samsung UN32EH4000G to a cable box and to a HTS LG BH4120S

cmalspaugh

Honorable
Mar 4, 2013
Hello,
I have connected cable box to TV and the HTS connected to TV via HDMI. I can play DVDs fine but on cable channels sound comes from TV not through HTS - video is fine. I go through all source changes on TV and HTS. When I reverse process and connect the cable box to HTS and then have TV connected to HTS via HDMI, I can play DVDs fine but on cable sound now comes from HTS but no picture (video) on TV of cable channel.....once again have made source changes....it appears that on the LG system only audio source is available (aux)....I would like to play my cable channels through HTS speakers and have video on TV....what do you suggest?

Your Home Theater System (HTS) does not have any type of video input, only audio. The yellow composite RCA jack is for video output only.

Check to see if your HDTV has an analog (red/white RCA) output. If it does, then you should be able to connect the HDTV's Red/White audio output to the HTS's Aux input. Your cable box would then be connected to your HDTV and the HDTV should send audio to the HTS.

If your HDTV only has an optical audio output, then you could try using an digital optical to analog converter (something like this).

-Wolf sends