Solved! Connecting TV to Soundbar

Nov 19, 2018
I have a TV with coax digital out (no HDMI arc) and a sound bar with HDMI
ARC in. Is there a converter from digital coax to HDMI? Right now I have it connected with a converter from digital coax to optical, but A) the connection is sensitive and if bumped cuts out. So I thought HDMI would be more secure of a connection. B) is there some audio improvement using HDMI?

Thank you!

Solution

This suggests to me your Toslink cable is not plugged in all the way. It should go in with a solid snap.

is there some audio improvement using HDMI?
Assuming there is, but you are doing an Optical to HDMI conversion. Is like asking can I convert from mp3 to wav, since wav is better? but once the signal is mp3, is already degraded, can't get something better if they are already lost to begin with.

But OK, you are infinitely curious, yes HDMI is better on paper, can, in paper, have higher bandwidth, but a lot depends on your source material.

This suggests to me your Toslink cable is not plugged in all the way. It should go in with a solid snap.

is there some audio improvement using HDMI?
Assuming there is, but you are doing an Optical to HDMI conversion. Is like asking can I convert from mp3 to wav, since wav is better? but once the signal is mp3, is already degraded, can't get something better if they are already lost to begin with.

But OK, you are infinitely curious, yes HDMI is better on paper, can, in paper, have higher bandwidth, but a lot depends on your source material.

Solution