Contacting twitter admins - twitter inactivity policy

flisk1

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
Hello, I've exhausted all my resources in order to solve a problem I'm about to present to you guys. I'm tired of copy-paste messages I've been getting from the official channels that I became quite disappointed in overall support the biggest social platforms such as Twitter have been giving me...

A friend of mine has lost all the information regarding his twitter account. He knows neither his username nor password, as well as his e-mail. Simply, he can't access it in any way. This happened way back in 2010, when he was 16.
We've tried getting it back but Twitter's official response, countless times and through quite a few methods, was always how they can't verify the account's owner.

The account itself poses a minor, but still existent problem for it's original owner. When people google his name, this account pops up. It has quite a bit of embarrassing statements, and is overall embarrassing. He's about to go job hunting and this might jeopardize his chances in landing jobs. Taking chances in such a competitive market is not something any one of us would be happy about.

In essence, he doesn't want to regain access to the account, as he doesn't need it. He only wants it gone. Concluding, I've read the official Twitter's inactive account policy that states:

"We encourage users to actively log in and use Twitter when they register an account. To keep your account active, be sure to log in and Tweet every 6 months. Accounts may be permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity. Please use your account once you sign up!"

The account hasn't been accessed since 2010, and I can't present this problem to anyone since there's no section in Twitter's Help Center that is remotely close to this one.

The only remaining option, in my opinion, and do keep in mind that I have no idea about any of Twitter's staff hierarchy, is to contact an administrator and plead my case to him in order to have that account permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity.
I have no idea where to start searching for one and I was hoping to get any help from here that I can get.

If anyone has any idea if I should go about this differently, please do share.

Thank you in advance, any kind of help is greatly appreciated.

Solution
The point is that it takes no effort, whatsoever, to track down info. While the info can no longer be found here, that is no guarantee that the info doesn't exist elsewhere within the boundless 'Net. It took me seconds to find.

A background check would locate just as easily.

Of course you can track someone, even after the twitter account gets removed.

flisk1

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

Two, including this one, and why does that matter?

You don't say?

That's what this post is about, contacting those folks at Twitter. I can't get to them.
When you go through the official channels, like their Help Center, you can only get a copy-paste formal answer, no one will truly listen to you, nor have a normal conversation. You can't be properly heard.
And their Help Center can't possibly cover every problem there is, and this is one of those problems.
There is no section under which you can appeal to this. And if you appeal through another, you get the answer based on the section you appealed in.

flisk1

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

They haven't replied anything. I have to presume they are ignoring it.

flisk1

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
[strike]He doesn't need, nor does he want a new account.
The problem is that this account (which can be found by google-ing his name) is damaging his reputation by the stuff he posted.
He was a kid back then, a lot of stupid stuff has been said... Either way, this account might cause some problems for him in the future (job hunting, dating...).
The wish is for that account to be removed from the face of the Earth.[/strike]

Maybe, but still, I reckon it will pop up.
Also, he doesn't want to make a new account nor does he want himself associated with Twitter.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

Keep trying to contact them. You really have no other option.

Cut and pasting a thread to multiple sites makes the matter worse. This thread for example can now be googled and your friend's past indiscretions will be verified. Finding the same post elsewhere confirms it.

This is not making his situation better.

flisk1

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017

At the time being, no, but when the account gets shut down it won't really matter, this will link to no one.
I'd like to help people who are facing the same problem as well...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Even if the twitter account gets deactivated, the links of trying to make it go away will still exist. You are creating a trail back to the "scene of the crime" so to speak.

Remember, once something gets posted somewhere, you can never truly remove it.

flisk1

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
True, but I don't get how do you suppose anyone can link a deactivated account to a person?
The account isn't famous by any means nor do it's contents stretch throughout the web enough to make that of a trace of which you speak of.

flisk1

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
My point was that you couldn't link it to that person if there was no twitter account.
And you might've jeopardized it by typing in the name...

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The point is that it takes no effort, whatsoever, to track down info. While the info can no longer be found here, that is no guarantee that the info doesn't exist elsewhere within the boundless 'Net. It took me seconds to find.

A background check would locate just as easily.

Of course you can track someone, even after the twitter account gets removed.

Solution