Convert Optical OUT to USB IN for Turtle Beach i60

mardanlin

Estimable
Dec 6, 2014
I got a good deal on a pair of Turtle Beach i60 headphones. I'm trying hard to like them, but one big issue is it only has USB and Bluetooth input options. I'd really like to enable it to accept an optical input or even have optical pass-thru if that's possible with an auxiliary device.

I have a pair of Turtle Beach X41's that have this functionality perfect. They have an Optical IN and Optical OUT so it can be used in a series of other audio devices. Is there any periphial device or marriage of devices that can achieve this?

I saw a converter for AUX to USB, and figured I could do something with that, but I'm really wondering about the IN & OUT functionality.

Solution
It is not going to be that simple. Your headphones need a particular driver to operate (because they are an USB device), and that driver does not necessary exist for each and every embedded platform.

May be a "cheap" brick-size PC accepting optical in (SPDI/F) audio will do the job for you.
It is not going to be that simple. Your headphones need a particular driver to operate (because they are an USB device), and that driver does not necessary exist for each and every embedded platform.

May be a "cheap" brick-size PC accepting optical in (SPDI/F) audio will do the job for you.

Solution