Convertible Laptop: Lenovo Flex 2 vs Asus TP500LN

Thornet

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2011
I have decided on purchasing a convertible laptop and I'm currently choosing between these two (I should note that the online stores that I'm linking are in Romanian, however if you scroll down you can see the specs of each laptop clearly):

Lenovo Flex 2: http://www.emag.ro/ultrabook-lenovo...rosoft-windows-8-1-red-59425386/pd/DW3ZZBBBM/

Asus TP500LN-DN136H: http://www.emag.ro/laptop-convertib...indows-8-1-black-tp500ln-dn136h/pd/DKF35BBBM/

The prices in dollars for the two are 775 dollars for the Lenovo and 900 dollars for the Asus. I should note that I am okay with sacrificing the Asus's SSD, the 500 extra GB of storage space, the 15.6 inch screen for a 14 inch one, as well as the possibility to go into full on tablet mode for the 125 dollar difference. However, I would like to know if, outside of these differences in specs, there would be any strong reasons which would make it worth it to shell the extra money for the Asus.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
The Asus has a 1TB hard drive and 24GB SSD used for caching purposes vs the 500GB hybrid hard drive with an internal SSD cache. The net result is both should provide similar performance.

Other than the size difference; 15.6" vs 14"; the 15.6" Asus laptop allows you to convert it into a tablet. It will be rather big and heavy tablet since the keyboard will remain attached.

You need to determine if paying an extra 500 Lei is worth it for a laptop with a larger screen, 500GB more storage space and the ability to convert the laptop into a big and heavy tablet.
The Asus has a 1TB hard drive and 24GB SSD used for caching purposes vs the 500GB hybrid hard drive with an internal SSD cache. The net result is both should provide similar performance.

Other than the size difference; 15.6" vs 14"; the 15.6" Asus laptop allows you to convert it into a tablet. It will be rather big and heavy tablet since the keyboard will remain attached.

You need to determine if paying an extra 500 Lei is worth it for a laptop with a larger screen, 500GB more storage space and the ability to convert the laptop into a big and heavy tablet.

Solution