Converting Wireless Speakers To Wired Ones

Status
Not open for further replies.

TopsyTrent

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011
I own a pair of RCA WSP150 wireless speakers, but have lost the transmitter for them. So I wanted to know how I would go about converting them into wired speakers to run off my headphone jack of my laptop?? Is this an easy thing to do for someone who has installed/wired car stereos/amps/speakers? Any help would be appreciated.

-Trent

jacobboe89

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
what you propose doing with them sounds possible , but keep in mind that the receiver in the speakers also had amplification for the speakers so if you eliminate that you will want to find another source of amplification the volume you will get if connect these to the output on your sound card will not be very good at best it would be a little louder than headphones playing on your desk . you wouold have a better idea of what you need to do once you open them up, if the amp is a seperate board from the rest of the guts you may have a chance to connect you own input in place of the receiver

adamsmith111

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2011

to convert you files go to http://www.qualitytranscript.com/mp3-to-text-transcription.html or to transcript your files go to http://www.qualitytranscript.com/transcription-services.html

barnkeeper

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011

TRENT: It may be too late, but if you still have the two speakers and haven't modified them, are you interested in selling them? I've been looking for another set of speakers sine I have multiple transmitters already. Thanks. barnkeeper

TopsyTrent

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011

barnkeeper,

Hi there.. No, I have not done anything with the pair of wireless speakers, lately things have been hectic around here, so they got put back in a box, along w/ a few other projects I put on hold due to time constraints, so I guess the speakers are available if you are still interested in them. Go ahead and make me an offer what you'd be willing to pay for them? I'm including my email address if you'd like to write me back there...or whatever you're comfortable with. I will keep an eye open for your reply.

Email:tdepreste@live.com

Thanks,

Trent

barnkeeper

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2011
Hello Trent:
Yes, I'm still interested in getting two more of these specific RCA speakers but only if they are BLACK not gray and the number on the back will say WSP150. I can't begin to think of what to offer because I don't know what they'll actually cost to ship. I saw a pair without the transmitter on Ebay last week that sold for $12, but the person wanted $40 to ship them. I can't pay that kind of shipping cost (during the holidays esp.) So if you can figure out what you'd take for them including shipping to zip 26241, I'll consider it seriously. Thanks for writing. SARA

TopsyTrent

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2011

Hi Sara.. I haven't heard back, but I sent you a PM w/ cost/shipping info, just let me know..

Happy New Year, btw!

Trent

Status
Not open for further replies.